Saturday, April 21, 6pm
Roaring Twenties Evening
2018 Spring Benefit Dinner for Old York Historical Society
This year’s benefit dinner transports guests back in time to the 1920s, when the Silver Screen glowed, the spirits flowed easily (despite Prohibition), and flappers ruled the social scene. Upon arrival, guests will enjoy Champagne cocktails compliments of Pine State Distributing, while viewing a special exhibition of silent film memorabilia from the museum collection. The party culminates with a three-course gourmet dinner by Chef Robert Martin of York Beach’s 1652, paired with wines presented by My Wine-y Sister, also of York Beach.
Proceeds from this event provide essential support for the many things Old York cares for and cares about: 16 buildings, 20 properties, 5 full-time and 25 part-time employees, more than 20,000 artifacts, 50,000 archival objects in the library, and thousands of people served year round through tours, educational programs, exhibitions, and special events.
So, put on your glad rags for this roaring evening in support of Old York!
Tickets for the event may be purchased by calling 207-363-4974
Auction to benefit Old York Historical Society
1. A GOLF OUTING for four (4) at the YORK GOLF AND TENNIS CLUB, including lunch.
2. Spend a beautiful summer's evening tour for eight (8) aboard the AGAMENTICUS YACHT CLUB’s boat The Husky, enjoying views of beautiful York Harbor from the mouth of the river, past the Wiggly Bridge, and upriver as far as Sewell's Bridge. Appetizers and your choice of wine or beer will allow you and your guests to relax and enjoy beautiful York Harbor. Donated by Deborah and Eric Robb, along with the AYC Club. ($150 value)
3. A Founders’ Tour of the WIGGLY BRIDGE DISTILLERY for up to four (4) people. Includes a handcrafted cocktail and other samplings. ($120 value)
4. Two tickets to a performance at the OGUNQUIT PLAYHOUSE, paired with a gift certificate for dinner for two at the CLIFF HOUSE Tiller Restaurant. Can be used together for a spectacular evening, or separately.
5. The Board of Trustees has donated two bottles each of their favorite WINE to make a wine tree. For the serious oenophile, or just an adventurous wine lover looking to try new labels.
1. Enjoy a delicious brunch at the ROOST RESTAURANT in Ogunquit. Gift certificate expires May 30, 2018. ($60 value)
2. A basket of assorted STONEWALL KITCHEN products for kitchen and home. ($100 value)
3. A modern mochaware lidded jar, from CIRCA HOME LIVING, a catalog and retail shop, opening June 21, next to the York Antiques Gallery at 746A US Route 1. ($75 value)
4. Dinner for two at CENTRAL RESTAURANT & BAR in York. Gift certificate. ($50)
May 23 Special Lecture: Postcards of York with Charley Steedman and Bob Davis
May 28 Opening Day! The historic buildings reopen to the public. Admission will be free to all visitors.
June 22-23 OPEN DOORS OF YORK Home and Garden Tour
The Bulman Bed Hangings
The Bulman Bed hangings are the crown jewel of our collection, and are widely considered a national treasure. The Museum has recently received a grant from the Coby Foundation to have the bed hangings professionally stabilized and conserved in preparation for installation in the Remick Gallery.
We will be telling the fascinating history of the bed hangings through a series of posts on our blog, introducing readers to the talented team of experts involved in the project, as well as documenting the conservation and reinstallation process, and sharing new findings. Please join us on this incredible journey by reading our first post and signing up to follow the blog.